Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

if a person was newly diagnoseed in this day and age

if a person was recent diagnosed in this day and age how long could they live with hiv with the standand modern day treatment in a america or canada ?

Thanks for your post.

Assuming that the patient is otherwise healthy, has access to medical care and medications and is able to be adherent to HIV medication when the time comes to start, I tell my newly diagnosed HIV+ patients that they have an excellent chance of living a normal life expectancy. What is normal depends on so many other factors, like their family history, tobacco consumption or other medical issues (non-HIV ones, that is). BY

Viral Load
Cryptoccal meningitis and CD4 of 12