Re: testosterone

In regards to the individual who wanted to take testosterone to increase muscle bulk but did not suffer from low testosterone, my recommendation is to check the diet first.

As an experienced body builder (HIV+ by the way), I can tell you that the following items are needed for building muscle (sorted by importance).

1. diet (60%...yes 60%) 2. working out correctly with proper form and weight...most men try to lift too much and lose their form which destroys the benefit of the exercise (25%) 3. sleep...8 hours is best (15%)

I hear a lot of people with HIV taking steroids, and unless your testosterone is low or you are suffering from wasting due to past medications, it just isn't necessary! Even when a person is on steroids, the steroids would still rank dead last in the list I created above (and diet would actually become even MORE important).

I realize this is isn't a question, but I hope for anyone out there considering steroids just for vanity's sake...think again. It's all about the diet! (on or off steroids) Unless you've exploited the items I listed above, steroids would be of little use anyway and could jeopardize your health.

Great advice.

Thanks

TCELLS AT 132 NOW
PI or NNRTI for treatment naive?