Transmission by gums
Mar 1, 2006
I have found out that my partner has got hiv from me because of his gums. We only had unpro oral. Apparently there are anti bodies showing but not viral yet, what does this mean. does it mean that he was just unlucky and there was only a minute amout of viral that has infected him?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
If he's already HIV antibody positive and doesn't have a dectable viral load, this probably means he's one of the fortunate (but unlucky) persons who has a very low level of virus in his blood. A follow up HIV viral load should confirm this.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vaginal Thrush And Vaginal Yeast Infection The Same Thing?
- Swollen Lymph Glands Under Armpit And Hiv Risk
- Chances Of Getting Hiv After One Sex Encounter
- Can You Get Hiv From Having Your Nipples Sucked?
- How Rare Is It To Get Hiv Transmitted Through Open Cuts?
- How Long After Exposure Can A Hepatitis C Test Be Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.