Cd4 at 40 and worried

Hello I was recently placed on truvada and lexiva with a booster of norvir after finding out my tcells were at 40 and my viral load was at 175k I initially went to the doctor because I had thrush so bad I couldnt swallow. I have been on the meds for a little over a month now and recently noticed a flare up of hemmoroids, tooth pain and other little things, i was told that is because the meds are working and thats normal is this correct information and also how long will it take to get my tcells up again really scared me with some articles on the internet that show a 2 to 3 year max life when tcells are that low

The initial regimen of Norvir, Lexiva, and Truvada is quite potent and should bring the viral load down to undetectable and increase the CD4 count considerably over the course of the coming year. It is not uncommon to notice body changes after starting therapy. These can range from minor problems that may have nothing to do with HIV infection to major medication-related side effects. In the case of minor issues it makes sense to defer changes in therapy and see how things play out. For major problems a change in therapy must be considered.

The articles that show a 2 to 3 year survival with CD4 counts under 50 refer to the pre-HAART era (before 1996) when survival rates were dismal. Someone with access to HIV medications and the life skills to adhere properly to therapy should be able to live a normal or near-normal lifespan even starting out with a CD4 count of 40.

Hope that this helps and best of luck to you!

Need for ritonovir-booster for Reyataz with Truvada in treatment-naive person?
HIV and proper diet