Newly Diagnosed

Newly Diagnosed on January 19, 2006. As of February 10, 2006, CD4 count 443 & Viral Load count 77234 (This is my first lab work and counts since being HIV +). Doctor has put me on Sustiva and Truvada starting Feb. 14. Very healthy 34 year old male, on NO medications and no allergies to any. Question: Should this regimen bring my counts up and down where they need to be?? Don't smoke, drink occasionally, no drugs, and absolutely no other health problems? Thank you for your help Doctor.

Hello and thanks for posting.

The combination of Truvada and Sustiva is effective for the majority of people who start this regimen as initial therapy as long as there is no pre-existing drug resistance. An important point is that anyone who has been newly been diagnosed with HIV infection should consider having resistance testing performed as a matter of course.

Let us know how things go with this regimen and best of luck to you!

Knowing someone is HIV +
Need for ritonovir-booster for Reyataz with Truvada in treatment-naive person?