Knowing someone is HIV +

I have a friend that is having an affair with someone that I know is HIV+, and I don't believe she has told him, and he has another girlfriend living with him, is there anything I can do? I know the HIPPA law protects medical information, but I this good friend happens to have a little girl also and I just dont want either of them in danger. This girl has been infected for over 17 years.

Response from Ms. Breuer

You do not have the right to disclose anyone else's HIV status. You can always ask your friend if he's protecting himself adequately, given all the STDs out there, but you cannot interfere more than that. Please do not play the hero here. You have no protection under any law we know about if you blurt out the diagnosis.

reporting AIDS
Newly Diagnosed