Update.

Thanks Dr. Young for your smart answers. I just wanted to let you know my last counts without treatment. 26/jan/2006: CD4:689-25%. VL.: 48.600. My viral load has increased from 15.232 to 48.600. in two months. I guess this is probably because I had the second dose of HepB vaccine 6 days before the blood test. I am very happy with my doctor. He is very optmistic about resistance issues. He thinks resistance may never appear if meds are taken correctly and he finds HIV drugs less toxic than smoking or drinking. I asked him if he could predict how long would it take for me to reach the point of starting medication. It is unpredictible but upon his experience, I still have 3 years more or less. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you for your support. Anything we should know about CROI?

Thanks for your post.

I agree with your doctor about his optimism and time line. It's difficult to predict timelines with accuracy, but a crude guess is that it will be several years before you'll need to start medications.

This is only a guess, and decisions about this shouldn't be left to guessing, but rather to careful and periodic monitoring of your health and lab values.

In any event, I think that the future is a good one. On that note, you should spend some time surfing TheBody.com's coverage of CROI to find out about the latest research. The podcasts are a new feature (staring many well-known opinion leaders- excluding me, of course) that give you a quick overview.

BY

death by meds???
i am sick all the time