Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Update.
Feb 19, 2006

Thanks Dr. Young for your smart answers. I just wanted to let you know my last counts without treatment. 26/jan/2006: CD4:689-25%. VL.: 48.600. My viral load has increased from 15.232 to 48.600. in two months. I guess this is probably because I had the second dose of HepB vaccine 6 days before the blood test. I am very happy with my doctor. He is very optmistic about resistance issues. He thinks resistance may never appear if meds are taken correctly and he finds HIV drugs less toxic than smoking or drinking. I asked him if he could predict how long would it take for me to reach the point of starting medication. It is unpredictible but upon his experience, I still have 3 years more or less. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you for your support. Anything we should know about CROI?

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post.

I agree with your doctor about his optimism and time line. It's difficult to predict timelines with accuracy, but a crude guess is that it will be several years before you'll need to start medications.

This is only a guess, and decisions about this shouldn't be left to guessing, but rather to careful and periodic monitoring of your health and lab values.

In any event, I think that the future is a good one. On that note, you should spend some time surfing TheBody.com's coverage of CROI to find out about the latest research. The podcasts are a new feature (staring many well-known opinion leaders- excluding me, of course) that give you a quick overview.

BY

Previous
death by meds???
Next
i am sick all the time

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.