Concerned Student

Hi I am student in college and lately I have been really paranoid about HIV, but not for the normal reasons. I have had a girlfriend for over a year and neither of us was sexually active before the relationship. I dont do drugs or have sex at school and I have no chance of risk concerning the main ways for transmission. However, I often worry myself with worst case scenarios so I had some questions. I live in a dorm on a floor with all other guys. A couple weeks ago I read something about someone with HIV and I got nervous about it. Then I noticed situations that have me paranoid. Could I get infected from the bathroom? I know the websites say you cant but I wanted to ask. One time I sat down on the toilet and while I was sitting there I realized that the tip of my penis, where the opening is, had come into contact with the front of the toilet, not the seat, but the rim of the bowl. Its really been freaking me out. Another time I used a urinal and before washing my hands I popped a pimple on my face. I have really been making myself sick thinking about what could happen. I know oxygen is said to kill the virus, I was wondering if this is true. I was wondering what you could tell me about my concerns.

Your mother (and those websites) are right. You can not get a sexually transmitted disease from a toilet seat, or the floor of a bathroom, or your own zits. Spread the word.

1/10 Drug Resistant Virus Strain
animal sex