Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Does it matter what time you take your meds?
Feb 13, 2006

I have just switched from Combivir/Sustiva to Truvada/Sustiva. It works for me to take both pills together in the morning, when I first wake up. You often mention taking Sustiva in the evening. Does it matter? I know that some people have side effects with Sustiva that would make taking in the evening a better choice, but that is not my issue. Also, If you take Sustiva with food in your stomach, is there any issue on potency? My doctor tells me I don't have to take it on an empty stomach, is this correct?

Thanks

Response from Dr. Wohl

There is no problem taking Sustiva in the morning if you have no side effects. Likewise, food is not an issue as it increases the absorbsion of Sustiva rather than reduce it. This could lead to increased risk of side effects for some.

Sounds like in your case, the meds can be an eye-opener as well as a side dish.

DW

Previous
recent labs!
Next
Complications

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.