Alternative way of getting HIV?
Feb 5, 2006
I was wondering from time to time, getting HIV is only by sexual contact? Could you get HIV from from contact with the object that might contain germs that hasn't been touched by anyone else?
Response from Dr. Young
HIV isn't only acquired by sexual contact, it's also acquired by contact of infected body fluids (sexual fluids, blood) with mucosal membranes or blood vessels.
Casual contact does not transmit HIV. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Pills To Take For Chlamydia?
- What Not To Eat When You Have Shingles?
- What Can I Do For My Immune System To Keep From Getting Shingles Again?
- What Can Cause Blisters On Vagina Besides Herpes?
- On What Areas Of The Body Can A Herpes Sore Show Up
- Vaginitis Can You Get Bladder Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.