Alternative way of getting HIV?
Feb 5, 2006
I was wondering from time to time, getting HIV is only by sexual contact? Could you get HIV from from contact with the object that might contain germs that hasn't been touched by anyone else?
Response from Dr. Young
HIV isn't only acquired by sexual contact, it's also acquired by contact of infected body fluids (sexual fluids, blood) with mucosal membranes or blood vessels.
Casual contact does not transmit HIV. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.