Crixivan and

Dear Doctor, I'm taking Crixivan with azt and 3TC; I hate to ask this question because I know it's no good at all to skip doses..but very seldom I find myself late for taking Crixivan...how late is too late? I mean...how many hours? If I happen to be late 2 hours for istance...should I just skip the Crix dose or should I take it anyway? I heard after two hours late I better off skipping it...is that true? Which way causes less resistance to Crixivan? Thanks so much for your help...ciao!

Response from Dr. Pavia

If your are up to 4 hours late, I would take the dose. Just remember to keep drinking your fluids.

Here's how to think about it. Missing doses or being late lets the blood level fall, which can allow the virus to start growing, and could lead to resistance. Taking the doses too close together could lead to a high blood level, which could, perhaps, increase the chances of a kidney stone. That risk is relatively small, and even less if you stay well hydrated when taking a catchup dose. Its hard to keep faithful to a schedule but keep up the good work.

ATP

Sustiva/Anxiety
When to treat?