Jan 30, 2006
1) Hiv Elisa or HIV Western Blot. Which test gives confirmatory report?
2) Does cough and cold virus shows HIV Western Blot report positive?
| Response from Dr. Young
The ELISA is a screening test; the western blot is confirmatory.
Cold viruses don't cross react with HIV western blot tests. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Does Gonorrhea Cause Cervical Cancer?
- How Can Chlamydia Effect A Person's Everyday Life?
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Blood Splashed In Eye Hiv Rapid Negative
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.