Jan 30, 2006
1) Hiv Elisa or HIV Western Blot. Which test gives confirmatory report?
2) Does cough and cold virus shows HIV Western Blot report positive?
Response from Dr. Young
The ELISA is a screening test; the western blot is confirmatory.
Cold viruses don't cross react with HIV western blot tests. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
- Staph Infection In The Vaginal Area
- The Symptoms Of Stomach Pain And Hot Flashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.