Jan 25, 2006
wen a person has AIDS,will his tuberculosis will affect people with close contact with him?
| Response from Dr. Young
With or without HIV/AIDS, pulmonary (lung) tuberculosis is very contagious. Other types of TB (like peritoneal or lymph node TB), is generally not contagious. Once on stable treatment for TB, the risk of transmission of TB is essentially eliminated.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Person Get Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- Hpd A Sexually Transmitted Disease
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.