are all meds hard on liver
Jan 25, 2006
hi. I was diagnosed hiv+ cd4 56 in july and started on sustiva and truvada. Within a month i developed non-viral hepatitis so dr. took me off meds till liver functions returned to normal.Started meds again. a month later the same thing happened. I am supposed to start new meds, is there any reason to believe that my liver wont be able to tolerate any meds?
Response from Dr. Young
Sorry to hear about your tribulations.
No, not every medication causes liver toxicity- indeed the ones you were taking are not strongly associated with frequent toxicity, but it's fair to say that it can happen. Sometimes it can be difficult to assign blame.
The important thing is, hopefully, no harm, no foul. Your doctor will try another set of medications- with luck, no additional liver issues. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.