Jan 24, 2006
I heard on the news this morning that a blood filter has been invented which can remove viruses from the blood, viruses such as; Anthrax, Hep C, and HIV. Is this true? Do you have any info?
Response from Dr. Young
The problem with HIV infection is two-fold: free circulating virus (presumably what the filter removes) and infected cells (what the filter doesn't address). BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Does Genital Warts Virus Ever Go Away?
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
- Are Dark Spots On Mouth Area And Penis Tip Signs Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.