CD4's and percentages

I was diagnosed at the end of 2004 and have had regular CD4 and viral load tests over the last year. At my first test December 2004 my CD4 were at 200, by mid 2005 they had increased to 400. I'm feeling well and now have a CD4 of 340 but my percentage has dropped to 13% my doctor is advising to start treatment . What is your advise?

Thanks for the great web site

Thanks for your post and comments.

A CD4 percentage of 13% correlates (on average) with a absolute CD4 count that's below 200-- this tends to reflect your previous CD4 count of 200 (which predicts a CD4% of 15). If your CD4%'s all were close to 15% or less, I'd be in agreement with your doctor about starting treatment. BY

AIDS Diagnosis
Side effects