Recently diagonised

Hello,Im a frequent reader of the page.I have a brother in law who was diagonised in november 2005.He is on efevirenz and 3tc had a cd4 0f 4.Recently he's had diorrhea and vimit that eased with meds,swollen feet that dont seem to goe away and he wets his bed often.He also seems to suffer memory loss.Is he doing badly or is this effects of the drug

Thanks for posting.

While I'm happy to hear that your a frequent reader, I'm saddened to hear about your brother. I'll hope that you're mistaken insomuch as taking 3TC and efavirenz-- I trust that he's taking a third drug too (this would be the standard of care).

The swollen feet, bed wetting and memory loss aren't typical side effects of HIV medications, though there are a variety of HIV-related conditions that could conceivably be the cause. With his CD4 count of 4, he's a great risk of AIDS complications-- any persistent symptoms (like the ones he's experiencing) should be brought to his doctor's attention.

Best wishes, BY

how long can i live
AIDS Diagnosis