Delaying meds

I discovered I was HIV pos from a blood test for life insurance in Dec 2005. A "home" test was negative April 2005. Have a viral load of 278 and CD4 count of 400 (lab normal range is 410-1000 the lower end of which seems low, most labs normal ranges seem to be above 600). I am 55, no health problems All other labs were normal. I've been told to do nothing and recheck in three months. Is this ok with a low CD4 count. What is the most likely future scenario. thanks.

Thanks for your post.

You have a normal CD4 count and a very, very low viral load. If confirmed by subsequent test, this means that you'll likely have slower than average decline in your CD4 counts (and lower risk of AIDS complications).

I'd agree in rechecking your labs and clinical status in 3 months (and probably every 3 months thereafter).

Good health to you. BY

how long can i live