For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

ask you for opinions and advice. I started Kalectra, Inverase and Fuzeon Shots Dec 16, I received CHOP chemo Dec 22 along with Arnesp and Lunesta shots. (Bone Marrow and WBC) and have been on 100mg for 5 days of predisone. Not sleeping.

My body feels like shit !!!! Feeling very flusih. I am fatigue, joint paint, pale, constipated,. low grade fever, sore throat, feels like ear infection, and swollen lymph nodes around throat. Dr. is doing additional testing, running some blood work more comprehensively to see what my other levels are. It is too soon to do a t-cell and viral load, I was suppose to have another Rituxamed chemo tomorrow but I said NO WAY, feeling like this will only make me feel worse and could really do some damage. I canceled with Dr office for chemo. I have one CHOP therapy and 5 more ritumed chemo before I am completely done.

What are your opinions? My last PET scan reflected everything was under control but Oncologist insist on completing the course of chemo so that the Non-hodgkins lymphoma will not come back with a vengence. i was diagnoised HIV in 87

Peace, Sharon

Thanks for posting. Chemotherapy can be extremely difficult and very side effect prone. Treatments for lymphoma, especially in HIV patients has become very successful-- I've got several patients who were first diagnosed with AIDS and lymphoma who are now disease free, many years hence.

For this reason (and I'm no oncologist), I'd defer to your oncologist for her or his opinion about the best way to achieve long-term health and prevent the recurrence of the tumor.

Hang in there, it gets much better. BY

Drug resistence tests for hiv2