Meds change pml relatated

Hi There, Hope you had an excellent time over the holidays. I am a pml survivour doing great with no problems anybody reading this you can overcome alop of problems - it just takes time. I want to change my meds abit - I never ever had problems except for hi lipeds and raised cholestral levels - I am currently on 3tc Abacavir nevarapine - i want to change to nevarapine - ftc - tenofovir - I used to have pml about 5 years ago but seem to have overcome this v/l ud cd4 370 -I wanted to make sure that the new change would still penetrate the brain barrier and perhaps reduce my lipids etc...I look forward to your reply. Thank you Mark

Thanks for your post, Mark--

It's very good to hear that you've had improvements of your PML. First off, I'd be reluctant to mess with success unless I knew that there were to be dramatic improvements in your side effects, toxicity or efficacy.

With this in mind, I'd have to suggest that if your goal in switching is to reduce your lipids, a switch from abacavir to tenofovir is not going to result in dramatic improvement-- both drugs have very good lipid profiles.

Given that your lipids are presumably in a range where you need intervention to improve your risk of heart disease, I'd probably think that addition of a statin or fibrate would result in better improvements.

Good luck, BY

Prognosis for Rapid Progressor?
naive patient need help!!