Some assumptions/misunderstanings

I'm making some assumptions here that may be wrong, forgive and correct me.

I was recently diagnosed. Probably infected less than a year ago.Initial labs show low viral load of 275 and CD4 ct of 400. I'm told no treatment now, recheck in three months, BTW I'm 56,perfect health, Why the low CD4 ct. in the face of such a low viral load?

Thanks for your post.

It is a common misperception that persons with low viral loads, like you, cannot have low CD4 counts. Any amount of HIV can eventually cause the decline in CD4 cells.

That stated, your CD4 count of 400 is actually within the normal range-- since it's unlikely that you had a CD4 test prior to acquiring HIV, we'll actually never know where yours started (though with age, normal levels decline slightly).

I agree that you don't need HAART treatments now, and that a repeat set of labs in three months is reasonable. So, overall, I'd not fret-- your CD4 count appears ok, your viral load is very, very low.

Good luck and health to you, BY

Body shape changes
Re: Body Shape Changes