Concerned Wife with HIV positive Husband

My husband is HIV positive and I am not. He is taking a cocktail of Viread, Kaletra and Viracet. Anyways, just the other day he was complaining of terrible back pain so I gave him one of my own back pain meds (Vicodin). It seemed to help but later that evening he broke into a sweat and a high fever of 104.2 .. Could it be possible he had a reaction from the combination of the cocktail and Vicodin???

Thanks for your post.

There aren't any siginficant drug-drug interactions between Vicodin and your husband's HIV medications.

However, I always caution patients from taking other people's (even their wife's) prescription medications (without medical supervision) for just the reason you raise. Lastly, a fever of 104F deserves medical attention, irrespective of cause. If your husband is still having fevers, contact his doctor or local emergency room.

I hope he's better soon, BY

videx and diabeters
What to do about meds and pregnancy