Jan 13, 2006
Hello, I'm going to Malawi in south-eastern Africa to help in a medical clinic where HIV/AIDS is present in 30% of the population. I would like to make up kits before I go with items to give to people who are infected and I was wondering if you could suggest what items would be most useful? Thanks!
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and volunteerism.
I believe strongly that it is important to ask the locals what types of assistance they want and what kinds of equipment they need-- we've often made mistakes when bringing unwanted or unneeded materials. The most important thing that you bring is yourself, your energy and your expertise.
Good luck, let us know about your experience. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do You Have Hiv If Your Skin Starts To Peel?
- Can Hiv Symptoms Show Up Within A Week?
- Does Hiv Cause Sensitive Skin?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- When You Have A Herpes Outbreak Do You Get A Sore Throat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.