|viral load and CD4 fluctuations
Jan 10, 2006
Hi, My vl load was 4670 three monthes ago , and now it is 2770 and my cdr was 640 and now is 776. How can the body or I be surpressing the virus. Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Pierone
There is a normal ebb and flow of CD4 counts and viral load readings so it is expected to see these numbers go up and down. Small fluctuations are the norm. The immune system is assigned with the task of stifling viral replication, which it does with varying degrees of success. In your case it appears to be doing its job better than most based on the excellent numbers. Best of luck to you!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Pap Test Show Signs Of An Std?
- Can You Get Herpes If You Use A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.