Drug Change

Hi Thanks for taking my question. I have been on a drug study for the last 3.5 years and have done pretty well (no side effects) but now my numbers are getting worse and my doctor has prescribed Sustiva and Truvada as the course. It seems, by reading the description, there is more of a chance for fat redistribution etc..what are your thoughts? Thanks again

Thanks for your post.

The risks of developing body fat changes (lipodystrophy) on the regimen of tenofovir/FTC (Truvada) with efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin) is very low. Nonetheless, it's very important to bear in mind that there are risk factors other than antiretroviral medications that influence this risk-- including age, race, gender and the severity of HIV disease.

Good luck, BY

question about undetectable VL
men/women ratio