PML

To date what is the most effective treatment for PML? I was diagnosed in apr. 2004 with final stages of aids, and now am doing well. My doctor has literally pulled me from deaths door. I now am told that the hiv would be undetectable and I now have much of my functioning back. I take my meds religiously and follow all the doctors orders. I would like to know what has been the best medicine for pml and what is the life expectancy with the pml today?

Thanks for your post.

While there's some debate about this, I've seen patients recover from PML taking a wide variety of medications-- NNRTI-based and PI-based. Hence, it's my belief that the best medications for PML are the ones that that the patient can take with the best adherence and minimal side effects.

It certainly sounds like you've had a terrific recovery-- in part by being able to adhere to your medications and doctor's requests.

As such, at this point, I expect you to have an excellent long-term prognosis and life expectancy; indeed probably similar to patients who have not had PML..

Good luck, good health to you. BY

12 years positive
Thanks for your ansvver