The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

bones. etc.
Jan 5, 2006

Thanks Dr. You always come through!

I will ask for that DEXA test. If my bones are less dense, I wonder is there anything I can do or take. Kevin

Response from Dr. Young

Kevin-thanks for your follow up.

Yes, there are well established treatment standards for loss of bone density- from calcium supplements (with vitamin D) to prescription drugs like Fosamax. Before doing anything, get the DEXA and talk with your doctor about what the results mean.

Good luck, be well. BY

PEP and vaccines
Good Denver Kaiser Permanente Doctors?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint