difference between HIV type 1 and type 2
Jan 3, 2006
just wanting to know what difference there is between HIV type 1 and type 2?
Response from Dr. Pierone
HIV 1 was transmitted to humans from Chimpanzees and is the predominant strain of HIV worldwide. HIV 2 was transmitted to humans from the African Green Monkey and is mainly found in Africa. HIV 2 also has a slower course of progression compared to HIV 1.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Low Does Ur T-cell Count Have To Be Diagnosis Of AIDS?
- How Long Does It Take To Contract The HIV/AIDS Virus After Sexual Intercourse?
- How Long Does Megace Take To Work?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Stds?
- Can You Get AIDS From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- French Kissing Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.