Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Rayataz and Antacids
Jan 3, 2006

Hello,

In a previous answer it was stated by one of you that Rayataz can interact with antacids. I'm on Rayataz and Epzicom and have problems with bad acid reflux and sour stomach. Currently I'm taking nothing for it, but I would really like to. I know Rayataz needs stomach acid to work well, but for how long after and before taking it? Is there a window in which I could use something? Currently i'm on a once a day regime. I take my meds at 8-9pm - could I take something next morning?

Response from Dr. Pierone

It is ok to take an antacid like Tums, Mylanta, Maalox, etc for this problem as long as they are taken an hour or more away from the Reyataz. One can also take Zantac OTC but should stay away from Prilosec because of the higher potency and longer duration of effect.

Previous
Girlfriend HIV+ & Pregnant
Next
difference between HIV type 1 and type 2

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.