Girlfriend HIV+ & Pregnant

My girlfriend has just tested HIV+ during her prenatel tests, her CD4 >350 not sure of her viral load. She lives in thailand and is asking me for advice about her options. If her viral load is <1000 should she still start treatment, and if so when. Also if her viral load is undetectable when she has the baby would it be safe for her to come off the meds.

The current management scheme for HIV infected pregnant women is to treat with HAART during pregnancy to prevent transmission to the infant. Whether to continue therapy after delivery depends on the viral load and CD4 count of the mother prior to HAART. If the viral load is low and CD4 count is high, then therapy may be stopped after delivery. Best wishes to you and your girlfriend.

changing from kaletra to reyataz
Rayataz and Antacids