Jan 3, 2006
Hello Dr. Young, In my reading and searching this week, I have noticed comments suggesting that people who show a higher degree of symptoms during seroconversion tend to have a bleaker prognosis. If you have observed this, do you feel that this is psychological, physical, or both? Psychological in that the symptoms may further diminish the positive outlook needed to manage HIV? Physical due to a higher viral load causing the symptoms to intensify? Thank You.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
i'm not sure where you're reading, but to my knowledge, there isn't any information or studies that link the severity of seroconversion illness and HIV disease severity or progression. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Donate Blood If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.