First line meds?

Hello Dr. Pierone, I read the body a couple times a week to keep myself updated on anything new and interesting. My question is, With all the different meds available, I thought Harrt was to be used for later protection from Hiv/ Aids virus and not as a first line of defence! I am more confused about this drug now after reading post(Do drugs work right away) January 1st. The reader writes this is his first time on meds, and you state that the drugs that he is using is Harrt.I know this is a wonderful drug in the battle against Aids, could you help me understand when the best time to start taking this drug (Harrt) would be. It seems to me that it is ok to use as a first line of defence.

Sorry for the confusion. HAART stands for highly active antiretroviral therapy and is when we use a combination of agents for treatment of HIV infection. When HAART is commenced, it works right away in that the viral load drops quickly followed by a rise in CD4 cells. Best regards!

Failure to Win
HIV vaccine Stockholm