Dec 30, 2005
I've read a lot about Aptivus being good for people who have had resistance to other drugs. Is it ever used for people just starting treatment? As someone who has recently tested positive I'm weighing all my options.
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Aptivus is also known as tipranavir and is a recently approved protease inhibitor that has activity against virus that is multi-drug resistant. It is typically used as part of a salvage regimen for patients that have drug-resistant virus. There are studies underway looking at potential use for first-line use, but it is not approved for this indication.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Ache In Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.