Insurance before testing?
Dec 30, 2005
Is is a good idea to apply for health care benefits before testing? I live in Vancouver, Canada, and I was under the impression that hiv medications are covered by the government, is this true or will all the cash be coming from my pocket? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Young
I'm not Canadian (though sometimes wish I was), but it's my understanding that HIV medications are provided at no cost to Canadian citizens. There are world-class HIV physicians in Vancouver, like TheBody.com's own Dr. Brian Conway. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Hiv Spots On The Tounge
- I Have Severe Symptoms Of Acute Hiv Infection After 4 Weeks
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- Can Breast Milk Transmit Hiv To An Adult?
- Do Scabs Protect Bloodstream From Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.