Dec 29, 2005
please clarify: how can a HIV + person get Hep C infection? Is this the result of overworked liver caused by the HAART therapy? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hepatitis C is a virus-- Hep c infection, therefore isn't caused by medications, but by exposure, either sexually (less commonly) or via infected body fluids, such as blood (more commonly). BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Blood In Urine Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Risk Of Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.