HELP

my friend is suffering from hiv.His vl is 2.5million and cd4 is 165 he is also a diabetic should i start therapy?And if yes what regimen coz he is also diabetic?which hospital in england should i consider? desperate for ur answer

Thanks for your post.

Your friend should definitely consider strarting treatment. His very high viral load and CD4 count below 200 indicate to me that he's at considerable risk of developing an AIDS complication in the near future.

There are many HIV specialists in the UK system-- the best way to procede is to contact a local AIDS service organization for the inside word on who to see.

Good luck, BY

Late presenter
Clarification