regarding combo drugs and headaches

I have some questions about meds. I have some severe right side recurring headaches, it is like a migrain that begins with neck pain and travels to the middle head and front of my head. The headaches occur most frequently when I get up in the morning or after a nap of some sort. They are very sharp and throbbing at times. They are short and intermittent. The headaches come and go. Yesterday I counted 5 headaches in that many hours. The headaches leave me eave me feeling weak and almost breathless. I am currently on meds, bactrim for infection twice a day, DDI, once a day, Reyataz, twice a day, Viread, 1 day, and Norvir, 1 per day. Are the headaches a side effect of the bactrim cause it causes me to be photosensitive? I read within some of the medical literature that the headaches are a part of HIV/ and or end stage AIDS. Can you help with any infomation. THANKS.

Hello and thanks for posting. Headaches are extremely common and may be caused by a wide range of medical conditions. Headaches may also occur as a medication side effect. If headache symptoms start within an hour of ingesting a medication this is a tip off that the particular agent may be the culprit. This is definitely a problem that you should discuss with your doctor so that the cause may be determined. Sometimes a referral to a neurologist is necessary to sort things out. Best of luck to you!

Zantac with Combivir & Sustiva
cd4 rise