Response to 50 year old male wanting child
Dec 24, 2005
I live in UK with HIV pos man.I am negative. I have 15 month old twins born as a result of sperm washing (due to other issues we had to have ICSI where a single sperm is injected into the egg and then placed back). I was tested before treatment and six months after the twins were born and am still negative. The twins have never been tested. My understanding is that the twins would only be affected if I passed the virus on to them and as I am negative then they could not get the virus in utero. Is this correct ?
Response from Dr. Young
Yes, you're correct. If there's any doubt (none in my mind), I'd have your children tested. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vaginal Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Tingling Lips Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Contract HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.