Dec 23, 2005
I am taking Hydrochlorothiazide for high blood presure. I think it is preventing me from having erections. Is there another drug for high blood presure I could take that would give me back my erections?
Response from Dr. Young
It's possible that you are having drug-related side effects, though it's important to bear in mind that there are many factors that can affect erectile function (including poorly controlled hypertension).
There are several classes of hypertension medications-- if in the end, it's decided that your HCTZ is causing your symptoms, there are other options for you. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Am I Going To Die If I Have Hiv And Taking Medications
- How Many Days After Contact With Hiv Person Will Hiv Show Up In Blood?
- Can I Have Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Is Hiv Positive And Not Get Infected?
- How Long Does Hiv Take To Show Up In A Blood Test?
- Can Hiv Be Detected Through A Normal Blood Test?
- If You Take A Cbc Test Can It Detect If You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.