What is the cost of HIV meds?

I recently have been infected with HIV. Unfortunatly im not on any health insurance plan. Can I afford treatment without or should I get on Health insurance before I start treatment? What is the average cost going to be for me?

Thanks for your post-- I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.

The first thing to do is to locate your local AIDS service organization-- (check out ASOfinder.com)-- they'll be able to refer you to programs in your city.

Yes, it is possible to get HIV treatments without insurance, but much depends on your particular situation. There are clinical studies that, from time to time, can provide necessary laboratory testing. We are also able to get some treatment naive patients on medications through clinical (drug) studies.

So, long before you assume that you must shoulder the entire cost of medications and treatments, you should explore your options and get the best advice possible.

Good luck, BY

Starting on ARVs
Erection