HIV AND WEIGHT

I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I got my results on 10/11. VL 2032 and CD4 counts 320. What can I do to push my CD 4 count up. I used to weigh 62KG but now am 74 kg. I feel fat and depressed. My height is 1.7cm. Is it possible if I can lose some weight just to feel good about myself without compromising my CD count and overall health? I go to gym 3 times a week and also take multi-vitamins. I do not want to take any HIV drugs for now.

There is no significant advantage to having extra fat weight on board with HIV infection. We put our patients on diets all the time in order to help them lose weight and do not see CD4 count problems (of course the diets do not often work). You do not have to take HIV medications with your current good numbers but it is unlikely that the CD4 count will get much of a boost without HAART. Best of luck to you!

My Future on Meds
change a succesful treatment?