My Future on Meds

The first of the year my insurance changes and I will not be able to afford my current meds--I am working with my Doctor and Social Worker on those issues--went to the Doctor today and she informed me that she would rather not change my current treatment unless a last resort due to resistances developing --she told me not to give up and to do whatever I can to be able to pay for my prescriptions (kaletra/combivir/sustiva)--But she told me there are things on the horizion that will help and reduce costs --more combined medicines and she was even more hopeful for the MRKAD5(?) studies and that she feels this might revolunize treatment completey---what do you think and any suggestions???

It really depends on your CD4 counts and viral load determinations. If you have an undetectable viral load and no history of drug resistant virus then you have many more options available. The regimen you are on is more aggressive than the usual ones that are used. There may a good reason for this or there may not. If you don't have drug-resistant virus then you may be able to stop Kaletra or Sustiva and still maintain virologic control. Best of luck!

Positive Man, Negative Woman & Child
HIV AND WEIGHT