Positive Man, Negative Woman & Child
Dec 22, 2005
I need some info about a positive man having kids with a negative woman. And what would happen to the kids?
Response from Dr. Pierone
If the woman does not acquire HIV infection from the male partner then there is not a risk of transmission of HIV to the child. If the woman does get infected then there is also risk of mother to infant transmission of the virus as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Had Sex With Someone Who Had Hep C Does That Mean I Have It
- What Is The Difference Between Lupus And Hiv?
- Cytomegalovirus With Hepatitis
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- Which Is Worse Herpes Or Genital Warts?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.