Positive Man, Negative Woman & Child
Dec 22, 2005
I need some info about a positive man having kids with a negative woman. And what would happen to the kids?
Response from Dr. Pierone
If the woman does not acquire HIV infection from the male partner then there is not a risk of transmission of HIV to the child. If the woman does get infected then there is also risk of mother to infant transmission of the virus as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Vagina A Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Soon After Can You Test For Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.