Dec 22, 2005
i;m a 47 year old female with 11 year history of hiv.i;m in pretty good health and work out .i would like to know if having a breast implant is a contraindication based on my hiv status. Is there more chance of rejection? The reason i would like to look into this is that the fat from my breast have disappeared. thank you for your consideration.
Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello and thanks for posting. There is no reason that someone with HIV infection cannot have elective plastic surgery and it is done quite commonly. The risk of infection from breast augmentation is extremely low overall, and only slightly higher for a person with HIV infection. Best of luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.