Dec 22, 2005
i;m a 47 year old female with 11 year history of hiv.i;m in pretty good health and work out .i would like to know if having a breast implant is a contraindication based on my hiv status. Is there more chance of rejection? The reason i would like to look into this is that the fat from my breast have disappeared. thank you for your consideration.
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello and thanks for posting. There is no reason that someone with HIV infection cannot have elective plastic surgery and it is done quite commonly. The risk of infection from breast augmentation is extremely low overall, and only slightly higher for a person with HIV infection. Best of luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Dizziness After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.