starting meds after 8 yr. diagnosis

Hi I have been positive now for 8 years and haven't been on any meds for 7 years. My CD4 has been 200-236 since first diag. but my VL has gone up thru the yrs. As of Nov. it was over 500,000. I was diag with H. Pylori in early Nov. due to severe pain in my stomach and constant diarehea. I was treated with antibiotic and prilosec, for 10 days, then referred to a GI doctor which performed a upper scope and diagnosed me with Candida Esophogaetis and Hemorahgic Gastritis. He also told me that these are opportunistic infections due to me not taking any meds also my NP has been insisting for me to get on meds. I know its time to face reality and Iam ready to do just that. I dont like taking alot of pills at once and I know that their are meds that are 1 a day. What do u suggest would be a good treatment for me? Can u plz response to my question plz?

Hi and thanks for posting. One of more popular starting regimens is Truvada and Sustiva. This would involve 2 pills once daily at bedtime and this cocktail has a high likelihood of success. It is common to have sleep disturbance and vivid dreams for the first weeks of starting Sustiva. Otherwise this combination is generally very well tolerated. Best of luck to you!

is it thrush and how to treat it
Outlook in next 3-5 years