Alcoholism and beginnng meds

I am a recovering alcoholic (2 months without), and need to begin meds soon - CD4+ 290 VL 14000.

My specialist sees no immediate problem with my liver - slight damage he says.

I would like to take action to heal and maintain liver health, and am getting little advice from my health care providers.

Suggestions please?

Thanks for your post.

I'd agree that you may need to start medications in the near future.

Most of today's treatment combinations can be safely given to persons with mild liver disease. The essential issue in my management of patients like you is to avoid the use of medications or substances that can cause liver injury (especially excess acetominophen or alcohol). I'll keep an eye on lab measures of liver health, and of course, I'd advise screening and vaccination for hepatitis virus infection.

I hope this is helpful. BY

diazipan
is it thrush and how to treat it