Dec 19, 2005
friends 14 yr daughter has been put on 60mg for depression per day. is she ok to take it?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
While the maximum dose of diazepam (Valium) is 90 mg in one day (usually no more than 30 mg three times a day). This is a pretty high dose to control depression. When I think of managing depression, I usually defer to other classes of medications, like SSRIs. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Causes Severe Vaginal Bleeding, Large Clots, Chills, Shivering, Abdominal And Leg Pain?
- Can You Die From Squamous Cell Carcinoma?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through French Kissing?
- Can You Get AIDS From Swallowing Blood?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Vaginal Sex
- Licking Anus Risk Of Getting HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.