***A Good Switch,I dont feel bad anymore

Dr Pierone, A heartfelt thank you for your helpful suggestion. I wrote on the fatigue I was expieriencing with Ziagen.Question titled"****making a change"?. Anyway you suggested replacing Ziagen with Viread. My meds were Ziagen,epivir,Viramune ANYWAY,A small difference has made a world of change.Next month,I will be going to Truvada/Viramune 1x a day. I want to say to those who think they are feeling just too lousy, and your CD4's and VL are cooperatinig(Mine are at 595 and Less than 50 ) to insist to your Dr.Discussing optional med replacement.They are making progress on drugs that are potent and much more user friendly(easier sides).My (former) Dr was of the mindset that if the HIV is well controlled and you made the appt. then ther's no need to discuss change.He was a very competent Dr. I think it was just blowing up his head a little.(Infectious Specialists are Brilliant Drs.simply because of the field they are in.They could consult other physicians all day.Well,most of them) My new Dr. Immediately upon hearing my complaint, said sure,Viread would be a fine change.Remember people,your Dr's WORK FOR YOU. And your best interest (how you feel) should be their priority. I feel un-medicated for the 1st time in 5 years.Of course,I am sad to say Ive forgotten what that feels like .But it suffices to say I feel a hell of a lot better. THANK YOU DR.PIERONE! Thank you so much, I can keep up with my two year old little girl now!God bless you for that alone. Steven

Hello and thanks for the update on your situation. For our readers here is a link to the last post. It is great to hear that the change in regimen worked out as hoped.

One of the biggest mistakes that I think clinicians make in HIV management is sticking with a regimen that is succeeding in suppressing virus, but producing definite or suspected toxicity.

HIV therapy is so much better now than even a few years ago it is important for clinicians and patients to continually ask if the current regimen is the best choice. Some clinicians and patients will be slavishly devoted to an old regimen because it is "working". But the proper definition of a working regimen is one that controls viral replication, leads to increase in CD4 counts, and does not make the patient sick.

Thanks for posting and best of luck to you!

Advisable to switch to Truvada from 3TC/Viread?
Taking Videx EC on empty stomach