|Im out of sustiva
Dec 18, 2005
I'm currently on sustiva/combivir. I'm out of sustiva but not combivir and will not be able to pick up my prescription until Wednesday. Should I take the combivir without the sustiva or should I skip all dosages until I pick up my sustiva? FYI, my tc cell count is 774 and my viral load has been undetectable for several years. Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Maybe too late but if you were to be out of Sustiva for more than a couple of days I would stop your Combivir. There are data that indicate that levels of Sustiva can remain fairly high for days to weeks. However, this varies considerably from person to person.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.